ITRDI was established under a special statue of the Western Provincial Council in the year 2000. Since inception, it has functioned as the Main IT Training Hub of the Western Province Council and has trained thousands of WPC employees in Information Technology. With the recent revival of the Institute, ITRDI has ventured into software application development for both the government and the private sector organizations. ITRDI is now going through a major upgrade in IT infrastructure to facilitate its clients with ultra modern web and application hosting facility. Once launched, ITRDI’s Cloud Ready web hosting platform will become one of very few of its kind, owned by a government institute of Sri Lanka.
- Information technological resource development in Provincial public institutions.
- Bringing in information and communication technology facilities to regional level.
- Providing information technology infrastructure facilities to Provincial public institutions and providing software related solutions.
- Converting Information Technology Resource Development Institution to a consumer oriented institution.
- Creating teaching methods, courses and other facilities in a manner supporting technological knowledge and skills of public service officers.
- Training and retaining lecturers and Instructor Resource Persons.